Monday, October 7, 2013

Nerd Sophisticate Style Guide: Do as I say, not as I wear

The Spiderman Hoodie

Early Sunday morning I decided to go the mall with my better half. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, I was still half asleep, unbathed, and barely caffeinated. We parked our car outside of Kohl's and went through that entrance to get into the mall. While walking through the Men's department (the grown men's department) I stumbled upon one of the most glorious hooded sweatshirts I have ever seen. My nerd sense started tingling. I had found this:

Web shooters not included.

I thought "Whoah, that's a really cool hoodie". Then I looked at the hood and realized that it also did this:

 Kind of potato quality head shape, but whatever.


Here are some more shots of the hoodie:

The inside of the hoodie.
 The back of the hoodie.

The quality/construction of the hoodie seems pretty good. You can actually see pretty well through the mesh eyeholes. The fit is a little tight around the hood/head part, but I have a gigantic head so YMMV in regards to that part. That tight fit also creates a little bit of a point at the top of the hood but that's just due to the nature of the hoodie's construction and is probably very difficult to engineer out. The sizing is similar to American Apparel hoodies, with the fit being on the slim side. The colors are very vibrant and will definitely make you stick out like a sore thumb if you wear this out in public.

The hoodie was made by Mad Engine and was $29.99 ($48.99 MSRP). I also spotted a Batman and Darth Vader version as well. 9/10 Will nerd again.

Now I cannot say that this purchase was in good style taste, but fuck it. Sometimes you have to give in to the inner nerd beast and make these purchases. Now if they sold matching sweat pants....


No comments:

Post a Comment